Local Chambers and City Web Sites
In planning your next getaway, consider the St. Croix River Valley bordering Wisconsin and Minnesota. Check the attractions and events of the area and find an activity relevant to your interests or those of your family. Schedule travel to one of the cities or towns located in the scenic valley of either MN or WI for a memorable vacation experience spent at one of our Member Inns.
Polk County Information
River Falls Chamber
Afton Area Business Association
St. Croix Valley Information
Center City, MN
Taylors Falls MN/St. Croix Falls WI
- Picket Fence Gals: February 8th thru 12th; March 8th thru 12th; April 5th thru 9th; May 10th thru 14th; June 7th thru 11th; July 12th thru 16th; August 9th thru 13th; September 6th thru 10th; October 4th thru 8th; November 1st thru 5th; December 6th thru 10th ~ 25 creative vendors come together once a month for 5 days to showcase and sell their unique treasures. Times: Wednesday 3PM to 7PM; Thursday to Saturday 9AM to 6PM; Sunday 11AM to 5PM. Find more information at www.picketfencegals.net or call 651.334.1444.
- Winehaven Winery Events: February 10th and 11th ~ Dinner and Cabaret Show from 7PM to 10PM - Reservations required; Cabin Fever Days - March 4th from 10AM to 5PM and March 5th from 11AM to 5PM; New Vintage Days - April 1st from 10AM to 5PM and April 2nd from 11AM to 5PM; Tap the Barrel Weekend - May 29th from 10AM to 5PM and May 30th from 11AM to 5PM; Wine and Chocolate Dinner Cruise - June 3rd, July 8th, July 29th, August 19th, September 2nd; Wine and Cheese Dinner Cruise - June 17th, July 15th, August 5th; 21st Annual Raspberry and Wine Festival - June 24th from 10AM to 5PM and June 25th from 11AM to 5PM; 21st Annual Rhubarb Frenzy - July 22nd from 10AM to 5PM and July 23rd from 11AM to 5PM; Federweisser and Roter Rauscher Festival - October 28th from 10AM to 5PM and October 29th from 11AM to 5PM; Cheese and Chocolate Weekend at Winehaven - November 18th from 10AM to 5PM and November 19th from 11AM to 5PM; Holiday Cheer at the Vineyard - December 2nd from 10AM to 5PM and December 3rd from 11AM to 5PM. Find more winery information at www.winehaven.com or call 651.257.1017.
- North Folk Winery Events: February 4th ~ Wine Glass Painting Class from 1PM to 4PM; March 4th ~ Canvas Painting Class from 1PM to 4PM. Find more information at www.northfolkwinery.com or call 651.674.7548.
- Performances at the Festival Theatre: **Due to theatre renovations performances are being held elsewhere** February 11th ~ Hopelessly Romantic - One Time Only! at 7:30PM; March 25th ~ The Barley Jacks with Brian Wicklund; April 28th ~ Carrie Eklund with Danny Schmidt. Find more information at www.festivaltheatre.org or call 715.483.3387.
- Franconia Sculpture Park Events: February 11th ~ Valentine's Hot Metal Pour from Noon to 5PM; May 2nd to October 31st ~ Tour Program - Monday thru Friday 9AM to 5PM and free every Sunday at 2PM; April to November ~ Artists Making New Work; June to October ~ Every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month - 6PM Dinner and 8PM Discussion; Music at Franconia: June 25th ~ Eelpout Strings + The Cactus Blossoms; July 16th ~ Tropical Zone Orchestra + Malaymana; August 27th ~ Mu Daiko + R.G.K. Modern Indian Dance + Jang-Mi Korean Dance and Drum; May 28th, June 11th, July 23rd, August 20th, September 10th ~ Kids Make Sculpture from 1PM to 4PM - $40 fee for ages 5-16; July 30th and 31st from 1PM to 4PM, August 3rd and 4th from 4PM to 8PM, August 6th from 10AM to 3PM ~ Hot Metal Mold-Making Workshop; September 17th ~ Art and Artists Celebration from 11AM to 6PM and music till 7PM. Find more information on all park events at www.franconia.org/event.html or call 651.257.6668.
- Wild Mountain Winery Events: Open Friday from 2PM to 6PM; Saturday Noon to 6PM; Sunday Noon to 6PM. Find more information at www.wildmountainwinery.com or call 651.583.3585.
- Chateau St. Croix Winery Events: February 11th and 12th ~ Valentine's Wine Tasting; March 16th thru 19th ~ St. Patrick's Wine Tasting; May TBA ~ Earth Art Spring Tour; May 27th and 28th ~ Barrel Tasting Weekend; June thru September ~ Saturday Music Series from 1PM to 4PM; June 24th ~ Spring Festival; July 1st and 2nd ~ Red, White and Sangria Weekend; July 22nd ~ Jazz Festival; September 9th and 10th ~ Grape Stomp Festival; September 23rd and 24th ~ Fall Harvest Festival; October 14th and 15th ~ Oktober Wine Festival; November 18th and 19th ~ Cheese and Chocolate Weekend; December 9th and 10th ~ Holiday Cheers. Find more information about Chateau events at www.chateaustcroix.com or call 715.483.2556.
- Dancing Dragonfly Winery Events: February 18th, March 25th, April 29th, May 20th, June 16th, July 7th, August 25th ~ Paint & Sip; February 17th - Tango, March 17th - Waltz, April 21st - Swing ~ Dancing at the Winery; February 11th ~ - Dinner and Comedy Show; February 24th ~ Book Club Event; March 11th ~ Storytelling Event; April 15th, May 13th, August 11th ~ Comedy Night; April 22nd ~ The Bazaar; June 17th and 18th ~ Dessert Pairing Weekend; June 23rd, July 21st ~ Night Out at the Winery; August 18th ~ Great Table Dinner; August 19th ~ Festival. Find information for all winery events at www.dancingdragonflywinery.com or call 715.483.9463.
- Pleasant Valley Orchard Events: Closed for the season. Find more information at www.pleasantvalleyorchard.com or call 651.257.9159.
- Wild Mountain Ski Area is open for skiing and snowboarding. Check their schedule at www.wildmountain.com.
- Wild Mountain Summer Recreation Area ~ Enjoy their New FreeFall - a two story tower with two platforms at varying heights and a 50x50 Stuntman Air Bag at the bottom. Find more information at www.wildmountain.com/summer-recreation/freefallxp
- Friday and Saturday evenings ~ Five-Course Prix Fixe Dinner Experience at the St. Croix River Inn. Reservations required. Find more information at www.stcroixriverinn.com/menus.html or call 715.294.4248.
- Messy Mondays at Gullywubbles - main street Osceola. Classes are offered at 10AM and 1PM and are $10. Their shop is YOUR craft room. Find more information at www.facebook.com/gullywubbles.
- Ice Sculptures Lit Up @ Cascade Falls every night ~ located on Osceola's main street; watch the changing colored lights illuminate the icy falls.
- Music at Tippy's: February 3rd ~ Little Chicago; February 10th and 14th ~ Cole Thomas; February 17th ~ Kurt Jurgenson; February 24th ~ Chris Kroeze and every Thursday night is Ladies Night with Savanna Hall. Find more information at www.tippycanoes.com or call 715.294.4777.
- February 26th ~ Cheese and Wine at 5PM at The Watershed Cafe. Reservations required. Find more information at www.watershedcafe.com or call 715.294.2638.
- Trollhaugen Events: Music in February from 10PM to 1AM; slopes open till 3AM - February 3rd ~ Side Iron; February 10th ~ Whale in the Thames; February 17th ~ The Undergroove; February 24th ~ Trompe Le Mond (Pixie Tribute). Acoustic Saturdays from 4:30PM to 7PM in the Skol: February 4th ~ Paul Seeba; February 11th ~ Circle of Joy; February 18th ~ Alicia Corbett; February 25th ~ Andriana Lehr. Find more information at www.trollhaugen.com or call 715.755.2955.
- Trollhaugen Outdoor Recreation Area ~ Located near Dresser, WI - Enjoy their Aerial Challenge Course which offers 40+ towers with six zip lines and 112 elements. Newly added: Kids Challenge Course - a 13 element course, built for ages 3-8. Find more information at www.trollhaugen.com/aerial_adventure_park.php
- My Happy Place Boutique events: April 14th to 17th ~ Spring Fling - Thursday and Friday 10AM to 6PM, Saturday 9AM to 4PM, Sunday 11AM to 3PM. My Happy Place Boutique offers Furniture, Home Decor, Jewelry, Lifestyle Clothing and Gifts and is located on Main Street in Somerset, WI. Find more information at www.MyHappyPlace.boutique or call 715.247.4000.
- Every Tuesday night is Jameson Club Night at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Every Wednesday night ~ enjoy delicious Four Course Dinner Menus at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Live music every Friday and Saturday night in Charlie's Pub from 7:30PM to 11PM. February 3rd and 4th ~ Bedlam; February 10th and 11th ~ Tiller Black; February 17th and 18th ~ Broken Spoke; February 24th and 25th~ Rocket Soul Choir. Find more information at www.charliesrestaurant.us or call 651.430.0907.
- Ice Castles MN - along the St. Croix River at the Lift Bridge ~ tickets go on sale late December. Open Monday - Thursday from 3PM to 9PM; CLOSED Tuesday; Friday from 3PM to 10PM; Saturday from Noon to 10PM. Enchanted Frozen Sisters ~ Saturdays and Sundays from Noon to 5PM; Fire Performances ~ Fridays and Saturdays from 5:30PM to 8:30PM; Winter Star Watch Parties with Mike Lynch ~ February 8th from 6:30PM to 8PM. Find more information at www.icecastles.com - click on Stillwater MN or call 888.407.4054.
- February 5th, February 12th ~ Enchanted Princess Tea Party from 1PM to 3PM at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- February 11th thru the 18th ~ Valentine's Day Room and Dinner Package at the Water Street Inn. Reservations required. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Culinary Outings at the Outing Lodge: February 11th ~ Valentine's Dinner and Tango. Find more information at www.outinglodge.com or call 651.439.9747.
- Ongoing weekly event at Outing Lodge ~ Open Studio Wine and Art Event - the 2 hour open studio art session for two begins at 3PM and includes all materials, cheese sampler and a glass of house wine. Reservations are required. Find more information at www.outinglodge.com or call 651.439.9747.
- Happening at The Phipps Center for the Arts: February 10th thru 26th ~ Peter Pan; March 17th thru April 2nd ~ Stepping Out; April 5th thru 8th ~ Our Mighty Mississippi; April 28th thru May 7th ~ Rapunzel. For information and tickets visit www.thephipps.org or call 715.386.8409.
- Negret Wine Company Events - BOGO Wednesdays from 4PM to 7PM; Hudson Sips - Happy Hour every Thursday and Friday from 4:30PM to 6PM. Find more information at www.negretwinecompany.com or call 715.531.4004.
- February 3rd to 5th ~ Hudson Hot Air Affair. Find more information at www.hudsonhotairaffair.com.
- February 10th and 11th ~ 2 Sugars - Room For Cream; March 10th to May 20th ~ The Marvelous Wonderettes performed at St. Croix Off Broadway. Find more information at www.stcroixoffbroadway.com or call 715.386.2394 x333.
- Ultimate Girls Night Out ~ February 16th, March 16th, April 20th, May 18th, June 15th, July 20th, August 17th, September 21st, October 19th, November 16th, December 21st. In downtown Afton from 5PM to 8PM. Find more information at www.exploreafton.com.
- Afton House Inn and Current Restaurant Events: February 10th ~ Sweetheart Wine Dinner served at the Afton House Inn from 6:30PM to 9PM; February 10th thru 14th ~ Valentine Dinner Menu is served from 4:30PM to 10PM at the Afton House Inn. Find more information at www.aftonhouseinn.com or call 651.436.8883 for reservations.
- Swirl Wine Bar Events: Every Tuesday Night ~ Date Night Special from 4PM to 9PM; February 10th ~ Free Wine Tasting from 6PM to 8:30PM; February 14th ~ 3-Course Valentine Dinner is served in two seatings - 6PM and 8:15PM. Reservations required. Find more information at www.swirlmywine.com or call 651.436.2010 or 651.436.8883.